I enjoy teaching a wide range of students with varying levels of familiarity with Spanish. Each student offers a new opportunity to further develop my teaching skills, which is very rewarding for me. I have considerable experience teaching professionals from multiple health disciplines, such as medical doctors, nurses, psychologists, speech and occupational therapists, as well as business executives, university professors, police officers, firefighters, middle and high school students. I tailor my teaching to the specific interests, skill level, and learning style of each student. To make Spanish lessons exciting and personally meaningful, I draw on themes from popular literature, recent films and videos, music, as well as sports, religion, and cooking. I also organize group discussions among my students for advanced practice opportunities.
I have a college degree in Arts and Sciences and a Master’s degree in Social Work with a concentration in community development.
Degrees/Certificates/Courses Completed for Teaching Spanish
- 2008 – Medical Spanish for Foreign Students, Spanish Academy PROBIGUA
- 2002 – Conference “Cultura Turística”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- 2002 – Conference “Excelencia en el Mundo Maya”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- 2002 – Conference “La Calidad Soy Yo”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- 1989 – 1st and 2nd Course of Training for Teaching Spanish as a Second Language, Centro Lingüísitco Maya
I am a woman who enjoys spending time with my family. When I have a little bit of time I love playing basketball ball with my kids. I also love cooking, especially traditional food from Guatemala, I also like to read interesting books and watch movies. I love Latin music, like salsa, merengue, romantic pop, bachata, etc. and of course I also like all kinds of dance music. I am proud to be able to teach my language and my Guatemalan culture to all who are interested in learning more about Guatemala.
Christian, Student, UK