I have worked for more than 30 years as a Spanish teacher in Antigua, Guatemala with 15 of these years being online. I have had the opportunity to travel to the United States to visit many states, including helping to teach Spanish in an elementary school in Washington and a high school in Illinois.
I love smiling and laughing! I like walking in the mountains, listening to music, dancing, reading a good book, hanging out with my co-workers, and drinking good coffee. I enjoy teaching people who want to learn Spanish!
¡Bienvenido! / Welcome!
Hola, soy Claritza Morales. Soy de Antigua. Soy una maestra de español. ¡Me encanta enseñar mi idioma! Disfruto hacerlo. Me ajusto a cada una de las necesidades de mis estudiantes. Amo caminar en las montañas, compartir con mi familia. ¡Amo mi país!
Hi, I’m Claritza Morales. I am from Antigua. I am a Spanish teacher. I love to teach my language! I enjoy teaching it. I adjust to the needs of each of my students. I enjoy walking in the mountains, spending time with my family. I love my country!
I teach in a simple way where the student can quickly apply what they have studied during our conversations. My focus is on conversation and helping with fluency, but I also use different books to support my lessons and I selected material from the internet to give homework to my students. Most importantly, I adapt my lessons to each of my students’ needs and interests.
I have had the opportunity to work with people from many countries around the world and with people from different professions such as doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers, nurses, and medical students from various institutions. I like to share my language with each of my students. Each student is a great experience and an adventure in Spanish teaching.
What do people say about Claritza?
Licenses & Certifications
- Certificate: Medical Spanish for Foreign Students
- Certificate: “La Calidad Soy Yo en el Servicio al Turista,” “Cultura Turística” & “Excelencia en el Mundo Maya”, “La Calidad Soy Yo”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- Bachelors Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language for Foreign Students, Universidad de Rafael Landivar
- Diploma in the Foundations in Teaching and Learning
- Earned the “Intermediate English Level” from Maximo Nivel
- Online Spanish Coach – Pronto Spanish (2022 – Present)
- Online Spanish Tutor – Speak Shop (2007-2021)
- Spanish as a Second Language Instructor – PROBIGUA Language Academy (1998-2018), Nahual Spanish Academy (1991 – 1997)