Rebeca Gonzalez de Lowe
My teaching is flexible because each student is different. I can tailor your lesson by having a conversation on social life, travel, health, politics, or any topic you desire. If you prefer, you can learn Spanish by reading stories and articles in your new language. This will allow you to improve your grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. How would you like to learn this wonderful language? You can make suggestions or follow my lead. We can find a way to make your lessons a learning adventure. If you want homework, I can produce custom lessons and translation exercises, We can also practice real-world interactions with audio and video on different topics.
I have worked with people of all ages and levels, from beginners through intermediate to the advanced level. I teach Spanish for travelers and professionals, such as teachers, engineers, economists, interpreters, and doctors. I can also tailor the lesson content to your profession.
My English is near the intermediate level. Currently I am taking classes with a private English teacher.
In 1995, I earned a teaching certificate in Elementary Education. In 2001, I obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Spanish as a Second Language to Foreign Students from Rafael Landívar University in Guatemala. In 2009, I completed my coursework to become an Attorney from San Carlos University, also in Guatemala. I also have a degree as a dressmaker specializing in clothing for women.
I am from Guatemala. I love to teach Spanish because I meet wonderful people and I have had the opportunity to travel to different countries. My students describe me as being responsible, flexible, creative and patient.
I like to produce videos on my YouTube channel. I love to travel, hike outdoors, and make clothes. I also like to read about the history and culture of my country and the rest of the world. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family.
I am usually available:
- Monday to Friday, 5 am – 10 pm CST
- Saturday, 5 am – 9 pm CST
- Sunday, 6 am – 2 pm CST
Note that Guatemala is one hour ealrier during Daylight Savings Time.
Degrees/Certificates/Courses Completed for Teaching Spanish
- 2005 – 2009 – Successful completion of the study of Law (a five year degree) at the University San Carlos de Guatemala. I studied the economy, business, criminal law, civil law, finance law, and more.
- 2009 – Recognition “2009 Speak Shop Tutor of the Year“, Speak Shop
- 2008 – Medical Spanish for Foreign Students, Spanish Academy PROBIGUA
- 2002 – Certificate “Excelencia en el Mundo Maya”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT & Certificate “Calidad Soy Yo”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo. INGUAT
- 2001 – Bachelor’s Degree, Teaching Spanish as a Second Language to Foreign Students, Rafael Landívar University, Guatemala
- 2000 – Certificate, The History and Culture of Guatemala – Guatemalan Literature and Spanish American Literature, Spanish Academy PROBIGUA
- 1997 – Techniques of Teaching Spanish as a Second Language for Foreign Students, Spanish Academy AmeriSpan
“I survived my first lesson without valium thanks to Rebeca. She is extremely calm and knows how to pace the lesson well. I also learned so much about Guatemalan culture that I was unaware of. Muchas gracias, Rebeca!”
- En Español dos y tres.
- Planeta I y II
- Una vez más!
- Cómo te va?
- Dos Mundos
- 501 Verbos
- Repase y Escriba
- Español Alemán, (guía práctica de conversación).
- C Dele 1: Preparación al Diploma de Español por Rosa María Pérez; Leonor Quintana
- C Dele 2: Preparación al Diploma de Español por Pilar Alzugaray; Paz Bartolomé
- Fundamental Spanish (English Edition) by Bregstein, Barbara
- Advanced Spanish Step-by- Step by BREGSTEIN, BARBARA
- Madrigal’s Magic Key to Spanish by Madrigal, Margarita.
- The Ultimate Spanish Review and Practice, 3rd Ed. by Gordon Ronni L; Stillman, David M.
- Aventuras Literarias
- El Lugar más Bonito del Mundo
- ¿Quién se ha robado mi queso?
- Memorias de un Abogado
- Crimen y Castigo I y II
- Caballo de Troya I, II, III, IV
- La Biblia
- Popol Vuh
- Cien años de Soledad
- Orgullo y Prejuicio.
- Las Venas Abiertas de América
- Historias de Latinoamérica
- Rubén Darío ´´Biblioteca de Poesía´´
- Complete Medical Spanish
- Spanish for the School Nurse’s office
- Diccionario de la Real Academía Española
- Diccionario inglés español
- DIccionario Legal