I love the experience of teaching the Spanish language online because I have known people around the world of different ages and with different purposes of learning the language, and that’s why I welcome you to the new millennium’s innovation of teaching-learning online. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or advanced Spanish student, I can gladly help you speak, write, and practice Spanish, and if you want to know about a particular subject, please let me know! Medicine, culture, society, history, politics…whatever you need. My teaching style is focused not only on Spanish grammar, but also on conversation topics, homework exercises, reading to increase your vocabulary and especially on providing an enjoyable and fun experience.
I finished my university degree in Language and Literature.
Degrees/Certificates/Courses Completed for Teaching Spanish
- 2012 – University Degree of Teaching Spanish Language and Literature, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala USAC
- 2012 – Certified to teach Spanish Classes for Work, Speak Shop & Pronto Spanish
- 2008 – Teacher in secondary schools in Language and Literature, Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala USAC
- 2008 – Medical Spanish for Foreign Students, Spanish Academy PROBIGUA
- 2002 – Conference “Excelencia en el Mundo Maya”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- 2002 – Conference “La Calidad Soy Yo”, Instituto Guatemalteco de Turismo INGUAT
- 2001 – Certified for Spanish Teachers as a Second Language for Foreign Students, Rafael Landívar University
- 2000 – Techniques of Teaching Spanish as a Second Language for Foreign Students, Ixchel Spanish Academy
I love nature and wonderful places to relax and enjoy the scenery. My passion is reading so that I can learn more and more. Currently, I am studying Advanced Level English to be able to communicate in another language, which has always been my dream. I love being a Spanish tutor and I teach with patience and dedication to all my students. My favorite hobby is swimming and cooking a good dish of Guatemalan cuisine to enjoy with my family.
“With Yesenia’s patient and kind instruction, I have gone from a complete beginner to comfortable engaging with native speakers. Wow!”